ListenTool LLC is incorporated in “California” with registered address at 465 Corona Ave, Lagunitas, CA 94938. ListenTool LLC is the data processor and your organization is the data controller. Please contact your organization’s administrator (Organization Administrator) with regards to any queries or concerns.
- Upon registering with ListenTool (“We”), We require basic personal information: your name, organization name, and your work email address. Although not required, you may choose to upload a profile picture and a designation title. We use this personal information for processing your order, creating and maintaining your account, and providing and improving our service.
- We may also obtain your authentication credentials from entities that provide Single Sign-On (SSO) services, if and only if requested by your Organization Administrator.
- We use Google Analytics to collect information about its visitors to understand usage patterns. We also use "cookies" to store session information. It includes an anonymous identifier which is stored on your computer. They are required to use ListenTool.
- As ListenTool is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product, We only retain your personal information for the duration of the service contract with your Organization, or as instructed by your Organization Administrator.
- We will not sell or share your personal information with any third party without permission. We may share personal information to respond to a) court orders or legal processes or b) any illegal activities, suspected fraud, threats to any person or property or c) violations of our terms of services or d) as required by law.
- Data shared with your Organization and any other relevant parties is governed by Data Protection Agreements with standard clauses. Likewise for International Transfers outside the EU.
- Other than using your personal information to provide you the service, We will send a welcome email, as well as emails regarding new feedback, comments, and more. Organization Administrators may receive service announcements. Email notifications may be disabled by users from their settings.
Data Storage & Transit
- ListenTool’s data and service is stored in secure data centers provided by Amazon AWS. For more information, see https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/programs/
- Access to the application is restricted to HTTPS with authentication credentials. All data in transit is encrypted.
- ListenTool is developed and operated by “Arbisoft” (2035 Central Cir, Suite #201 Mckinney, TX, 75069, USA). Arbisoft is ISO 27001:2013 certified since 2016. ISO 27001 is an international standard published by the International Standardization Organization (ISO), and it describes how to manage information security in a company.
- We maintain appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of your data.
- In the event of a significant data breach, We will notify relevant parties within 72 hours.
GDPR & ListenTool
What is GDPR?
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was passed by the EU Parliament in April 2016. This new regulation went into effect on 25 May 2018. GDPR aims to give EU citizens more control over how organizations collect and process their data, and standardize data protection policies across the EU.
You can review the entire GDPR on their website, here.
In summary, you have the right to know what data we collect and process on your behalf, and the right to review, correct, object, delete, or question any data via request to: dpo[at]listentool[dot]com. A decision on reasonable grounds will be made within 30 days in conjunction with your Organization.
How does ListenTool comply with GDPR?
ListenTool (Data Processor) collects and processes information that you and your Organization (Data Controller) provide Us for the purposes of professional development.
In addition to personal contact information, We process your ‘Sent Feedback (Comments, Competency Ratings, and Skill Ratings)’, ‘Received Feedback (Comments, Competency Ratings, and Skill Ratings)’, ‘Feedback Requests’, ‘Learning Panel’, ‘Development Goals’, and ‘Skills’.You have access to this information from the application and can modify it subject to the administration rights provided by your Organization.
We have also appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) in the EU.
How can you control your data on ListenTool?
- You can edit/change your ‘Name’, ‘Profile Picture’, ‘Password’, and ‘Sent Feedback (Comments, Competency Ratings, and Skill Ratings)’.
- You can edit/change/delete your ‘Designated Title’, ‘Learning Panel’, ‘Teams’, ‘Development Goals’ and ‘Skills’.
- You can change the visibility setting of ‘Publicly Received Feedback’.
- You cannot edit/change/delete your ‘Received Feedback (Comments, Competency Ratings and Skill Ratings)’. You may request to edit/change/delete this via your Organization Administrator.
END OF POLICY ---